Where's the week going?

~Ang

Well hell it’s Wednesday! Six days since I landed in freezing Chicago. The days have been filled to over flowing. A whirlwind of activity, but today is a down day for all of us.

Hath and David, Sam and Jon, are at the hotel, leaving Lucy and Richie, Steph and Matt, and of course me, here at Lucy’s.

It’s 8.30. I’ve been awake and about for hours. Damn I wanted a lie in this morning. **sigh** I should have known.

I grabbed my cell and head into the living room with Gypsy close on my heels. Time to do an E.T, and phone home lol.

With Steph’s coffee in the biggest mug I can find, and that’s big, I sit with the woof on my lap and hit speed dial to the bar.

‘Jamieson’s how can we help?’ I laughed into the phone, Jack sounds soooo professional.

‘Hey Jacky boy, missing me?’

‘Holy shit you’re still alive then? Since we haven’t heard a peep we all thought whoever you met and killed you and dumped your corpse somewhere!’ Have I said, this guys got one hell of a weird sense of what’s normal.

‘Nope darlin.’

‘Darlin, shit Ang, you even sound like a bloody yank!’ He laughs.

‘That’s because I’ve been living with my friends 24/7, and it rubs off. No, they haven’t killed me, yet! This is the first day I’ve had nothing to do! So I thought I’d pester my staff!’ I laugh, he hates being told he’s staff, he thinks he’s the owner, see there’s an eye roll.

‘Bitch! But I’m glad you’re having fun. When you coming home? You never did tell us.’ Yeah it peed him off a little.

‘Well fluff.’ He’s got a bit off fluff just like Tico’s, but less of it, lol. So I pick on it. ‘I’ve actually got an open ended ticket in my possession for the next month.’ I wait for the shout, I’m not disappointed.

‘A fuckin MOTNH! You have to be yankin my chain!!!!??? What the hell you playing at Angel?’ Wooo he’s pissed!

‘Untwist your knickers and calm down.’ I can hear Margaret, the under manager asking him questions.

‘How can I calm down, we only thought you’d gone for two weeks at the most. Now you drop this shit on me!’ He’s hyperventilating.

I tell him I want a bit of a break from the bar, and he’s in charge till I get home. He’s always told me he can cope; now he can!

I hear signs of life, and sign off telling Jack I’ll ring him at the weekend. He’s happy, till I tell him he can’t make drastic changes without my consent. I sign of, close my phone and look at Gypsy, ‘What the hell am I doing?’

Steph wanders in a few minutes later; we chat. Lucy wanders in and after a while I ask who's turn it is to make brekkie? We decide to go out for breakfast. We can't wake the guys so sod them, and off we go!

After we get back from breakfast I closet myself in the room Lucy has her comp and printer in. I settle down and start to properly work on the photo albums I’ve been doing off and on over the last few days, when I’ve had a chance!

I chuckle looking at the pics of Friday night. Damn we looked good. I tweak some pics of each of the girls. I’ve got some wonderful head and body shots of them. I pick one of each and after messing with Lucy’s printer, I print out one copy of each. I’m going to give them to the girl’s respective partners later. Even though I toot my own trumpet, there damn good! Hmmm wonder if I can find some pic frames?

I’ve been that engrossed I jump when Richie bangs on the door and sticks his head in. ‘Darlin, we thought you’d died in here, lunch is ready and you’re nowhere in sight. Had to be a first.’ He walks in, seeing the print outs, but I’m faster, grabbing them and putting them into a large envelope. Flicking a switch I turn off my lap so he can’t see. ‘Spoil sport. Come on show Richie what you’ve been doing.’

I laugh, ‘Aw baby you’re referring to yourself in the third person, this rock and roll lifestyle is just not helping you.’ I laugh at him again; pushing passed him I head for my room, locking the pics and the lap in my suitcase. I set the locks; nope don’t trust them at all! I head downstairs, time to chow down!

A while later I’m back ensconced at my putter. I’ve broke the pics down into files. There’s Hath, Sam, Lucy, Steph, Groups, Duo’s, Threesomes and moi!

Now for those prints. I’d asked Lucy after lunch where the nearest place was that sold photo frames. I thanked her and went to get my jacket, lost in thought of how I was going to do this, knowing I needed to get some more top of the range photographic paper; what sort of frames I wanted for the photos etc, etc, etc. When my heads in my work I don’t really listen or take in anything. So I hadn’t heard Lucy ask me if I wanted her to take me, and she was now frowning along with Steph, Matt and Richie.

Grabbing my jacket and purse I headed back down, and ran into a human wall, all with identical frowns, ‘What?’ I had no idea what was wrong.

Steph piped up, ‘Where do you think you’re going?’

‘Erm to that shop Lucy just told me about, what?’

Matt was next, ‘And how are you gonna get there? Hmmm!’ My, my, my, the boy had finally given in and was throwing some testosterone about. Perfect glare, woo doggie!

‘Walk?’

Batter up, Richie came out next, trying to menace me, all 6ft 1” of him lmao. I’ve thrown this guy!!!!! ‘Are you out of your ever loving mind woman? It’s over half an hours drive to that store! It’s been snowing and its freezing again. You are not walking!’ Frig me I could see the veins in his neck throbbing, I better not laugh at him. Awwwwwww. ‘Lucia offered you her car, or one of us men can take you.’ I changed the laugh into a cough pdq. ‘You will not wander this town on your own, do I make myself clear?’

I’m trying to look trite and meek, damn that’s hard, ‘Yes Richie.’ I’m dying here. I hang my head so he can’t see my eyes. They’d give the game away.

Lucy chokes on a smothered snicker, Richie shoots her a glare.

‘Lucy.’ I try to take the laughter out of my voice, ‘I’m sorry I didn’t hear what you said, if you would lend me your old car, and give me directions I’d be very grateful.’ Oh shite that was sooooo hard. Hath would be proud of me!

Richie jumped in again, ‘And just how the hell you gonna cope without GPS? Nope, enough, Lucia I’m taking Angel and borrowing the Lexus, we won’t be long.’

That’s it! ‘Now listen the fuck up Sambora!’ I’m toe to toe with him, and come to his nose, Irish eyes aflame; hey red head here means I’ve got a friggin temper, and Irish means it gets doubled! I jab him in the chest and his jaw goes slack. ‘I’m extremely capable of finding the bloody store with directions! I do not need or ever will need a man to protect me. I don’t have GPS at home so why do I need it now? I’m not a male; if I get lost I’ll ask someone! But I won’t need to, because your lady love does damn good directions! So put your scent gland back in your pants and back the hell away from me, now!’ Well hell he fell back at least two steps.

I look at Lucy, who hands the keys over and gives me quick and concise directions, and I get the hell out of dodge before he comes around and realises I’ve nicked off.

Now, hands up, who remembers me saying when my temper goes off it goes with a bang; then I’m calm again and wonder wtf’s wrong with everyone else. If you did, good on you, if not, it does lmao.

Well let’s just say I totally forget my toe to toe with Rich when I get to the store and start trying to find the stuff I need. Times hurling by and I’ve no idea, this is why I live alone, someone else living with me would kill me! I can’t find the frames I want and the darling young guy, Gary, yup flirt mode; pointed me towards another store, and headed out. Do I think of ringing anyone, hell no!

I’m in heaven at the next place; don’t ask the name because I’ve no idea! But I’m having a blast; I’ve found the frames, silver art deco with mother of pearl inlay. They cost a bomb but the guys and gals are worth it! Peter the shop assistant is falling over himself to help me, wonder why lmao. My phone starts going playing Mr Bluesman, Lucy’s tone.

‘Hey Luce what’s up?’ I flash Peter a killer smile, he jabbers, bless.

‘Hey darlin.’

‘Hey Zanny, you threw me there.’ I laugh, he pauses. ‘You still there?’

‘Yeah, are you ok?’ He sounds unsure and I swear I hear Lucy in the background bitching at him to hand her cell over.

‘Yeah I’m fine; I had to drive to another store to find what I wanted. Rich, you sound funny, what’s the matter?’ I’m wondering what’s wrong with him, I’m drawing blanks here.

‘Well darlin, after that blow up, you not coming back; hell woman I, Ow damn it Lucia! We were a little concerned when you didn’t come back. Aw fuck it, I thought you’d gone out pissed and wrapped the freakin car round a pole somewhere. Shoot me, I care! And if you wanna slap me when you get back so be it. We were bloody worried Angel.’ He tapers off, I feel a complete heel.

‘Aw Richie, sweetie I never realise when times passing when I’m engrossed in my passion. Tell everyone there I’m fine and I’ll be back soon. Cross my heart and hope to meet Jovi! About that argument, didn’t Lucy tell you soon as I’d left I’d forgot about you being a MCP?’ For that I get a deep rich sinful chuckle.

‘Yeah but I didn’t believe her.’ I hear Lucy in the background saying ‘I told you so’ and Steph agreeing with her.

‘Darlin you shoulda ask Jon. he’d have put you right.’ I give a dirty chuckle and Peter looks at me lustfully. Men!

‘Angel, I’m sorry I went all MCP on you, hell Lucia will tell you what I’m like. She reminded me I should be grateful you weren’t armed.’ He laughs again. ‘I promise I’ll behave when you get back.’

I snort and say yeah right, and make kissy, kissy noises to him. We hang up and I’ve got a silly grin on my face. I smile sweetly at Peter and tell him to ring up my purchases I need to get home. He asks if it’s my husband, I say no, my dad, his face is a picture.

I head on out, everything wrapped so prevent prying eyes, and in Richie’s case, fingers, out.

I needed an hour or so to get things done to how I wanted them, and I’ve got no idea what we’re actually doing for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Everyone turned up later, surprise!! lol. We ordered Chinese and sat sprawled all over Lucy's livingroom watching a James Bond flick.

It just got to the good part, it all went silent, and David let one rip! Hath was mortified, the boys laughed themselves silly. They said they'd been careful around us, but no more!

I've re nicked David, fart face lmao!

Damn, I'm really going to miss this lot. I've been sat rubbing feet most of the night. Started with Hath, then Sam they're preggers and friends tell me their feet used to kill them. Then the boys got in on it. Teek was the first, cheeky sod. Then the rest followed. Think I went around them all in the end.

A lil drink, food and great company wonderful.

No comments: