Oh My Jovi Air!!!

~Queenie


Thursday dawned bright and early for us. We were traveling to Washington today for the show tonight and the wedding tomorrow. I don’t know how we managed to keep this secret from Sam but we did. I know, at least for me, I didn’t want to suffer the wrath of Jon if I messed up. No thank you!

Matt was awake already which surprised me. Apparently he had been up earlier to use the bathroom and had found Ang outside taking pictures. They seemed to have really hit it off. I’m glad. Maybe I can convince him that a trip across the pond would be a perfect honeymoon. We’ll see.

We went down to find Lucy in the kitchen with coffee already made. I took that first sip and when the caffeine hit I looked at them, “damn, my coffee really is good isn’t it?” I laughed and Lucy made some smart remark about me breaking my arm patting myself on the back. She went to wake Riche and get ready and threatened bodily harm again if she found any of us cooking when she came back. Since we had been warned, Matt and I went to shower and get dressed.

I dressed comfortably for the flight today. Oh my God the flight today. We are flying on Air Jovi! I can’t believe it. I was sitting on the bed with my yoga pants and bra on when Matt came in from the bathroom and found me with a faraway look on my face. “Uh babe?” He walked over and waved his hand in front of my face, “babe?” I blinked and his pretty baby blues came into focus, “what?” He laughed, “you were a million miles away. What were you thinking about?” I grinned and kissed his cheek with a smack, “we are flying on the Jovi jet today!” He pulled on his pants, “not like that you’re not!” I looked down and laughed at myself, “sorry, I’m just too damn excited.” I pulled on my long sleeve t-shirt and topped it with my Soul jersey.

Ang came and knocked on the door, “ya’ll about ready?” She was sounding more and more like us everyday. I looked at Matt, he had just pulled his sweatshirt over his head, “we’ll be there in a minute” I called out. Running my fingers through my hair I shoved a stretchy headband in to keep my curls out of my eyes, slipped my sneakers on as Matt was tying his and we were ready.

We got to the airport around 9:30 and were whisked through private security. It was so going to suck flying commercial when we go home. Then, we are on the tarmac looking at the Jovi jet. I looked over at Ang, she had two cameras going and Richie was razzing her about that. She stuck her tongue out at him, it was the best she could do. Matt and I were having a contest as to who could grip whose hand the hardest. I think he was winning. We were living out every fans dream as we walked up the steps and into the plane. It was incredible. Hath, David, Jon and Sam were already there waiting for all of us, greeting us with hugs and kisses. Ang got dragged to a seat by Hath and David, Matt and I ended up by Hugh and Tico and Richie and Luce got what was left by Sam and Jon.

I took my coat off and was about to sit when I heard Jon’s voice, “nice shirt Queenie.” I looked down and remember that I had my jersey on. Shit. I didn’t even turn around, “thanks.” He didn’t let it go. “Have you been to a game or did you buy it with my signature on it?” I sighed and turned around, but I still couldn’t look him in the eye. “Actually, I went to the game last June against Dallas. You signed it yourself, but you didn’t seem to be enjoying yourself.” Dammit, I hadn't meant to let that last part slip out. I sat down as he pondered what I had said. “You’re right Queenie, I wasn’t in a very good mood that night. I didn’t think it showed though.” I was surprised, “you remember that night?” He nodded his head, “sure, we lost 59-56 but I don’t remember you though.” I shook my head, “why would you, there had to be 16,000 people there that night. I hope this season goes better now that you picked up Chris Jackson. Maybe you’ll get that gaudy ring you’ve been wanting.” He laughed, “maybe Queenie, maybe.”

Once we were in the air I saw a look pass between Ang and Hath just before Ang got up and headed to the media center. Ang had been working on the pictures she had been taking that week and we were now going to see the fruits of her labor. The last shot had to be my favorite. It was all of us up on the rooftop with the city skyline behind us. We were all just shoved together, no rhyme or reason, arms around whomever we were next too. It was a picture of pure friendship and love. I hope I get one of those to keep.

When she was finished she handed us each a wrapped package. In it were two framed photos, one of all of us girls together and then one individual shot. The one she got of me that I had no idea she was taking. I was on the barstool watching Sam and had my skirt been hiked up any further, it would have been illegal. Matt loved it.

She also proceeded to inform us that we will each be getting a disc of the photos later, when she has them all finished. We knew she meant after the wedding, but Sam still didn’t know. I can’t wait until Jon tells her. This is has been killing all of us not being able to talk about it.

When we got to the hotel the guys had been hustled off to sound check and Matt, the girls and I got to our rooms and settled in. We met up in Sam’s room and she hits us with “I don’t want to go to the show tonight. I’m tired and want to rest.” We asked if that was all it was and she eventually told us that she really didn’t want to watch Jon kissing and smacking some girl on the ass.

Lucy jumped right in and said she would stay with her. I told her I would too before I even looked at Matt. Hath and Ang wanted to stay too. Hath jumped in, “Matt you go to the show and tell the guys what’s going on. We’re going to have ourselves a little pajama party here.” I moved over to Matt and took his hand, “are you okay with this?” After yesterday he knew I needed a little more time with the girls, “It’s fine, you have fun and I’ll see you later.” He kissed us all good-bye and headed out.

Sam was going to order up some pizza and movies but Lucy told her that she had brought a few with her just in case. We got to critique Jon as a painter, a vampire and a leading man. Damn that man is HOT. I know, I know, he’s taken, but one can’t help looking, even if it is her girlfriend’s man.

Sam crashed out around 10 and we girls headed back to our own rooms. I waited up for Matt to get back and he walked in about two hours later. He got ready for bed and crawled in next to me, “did you have fun baby?” I cuddled up to him, “I did, thanks for tonight. How was the show?” He just shrugged his shoulders, “they sounded good.” That was it; he didn’t say anything else. “And?” He just looked at me, “and what?” I shook my head, “what songs did they do, did Richie ham it up with Lorenza, did Jon smack the Bed of Roses girl on the as again tonight? What shirt did David wear?” I rambled out a few more questions and Matt just laughed, “you should have given me paper and pen so I could have taken notes for you. Sorry babe, the only question I could answer is about Jon. He did not smack the girl tonight.” I sighed, “I guess that’s what youtube is for.”

We talked a bit longer before drifting off to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a very busy day.

No comments: