Chillin'

~Queenie

I can’t believe its Tuesday already. The days are just flying by. I guess it’s really true that the time flies when you are having fun. We certainly are having a bit of that here in Chicago. Matter of fact, after breakfast this morning, Hath and David came and picked up Ang to go to a local shooting range. You should have seen Hath and Ang, Rambo didn’t have anything on these two.

After they left I helped Lucy clean up the kitchen from breakfast and we went into the living room to chat and poor Matt, he was getting questions left and right from Lucy. He was being a good sport about it though. I have to tell you though, he looked relieved when the front door opened a while later and David appeared with the girls in tow. I relieved David of the bags he was carrying and followed Hath into the kitchen.

Hath told me all about their morning and about the text that she had gotten from boss man. “He wants soup and sandwiches, but didn’t say what kind.” She rolled her eyes, “I made the decision for him today. Wanna help?” I nodded, “absolutely. What are we making?”

I got the broccoli and cheese soup going while Hath started on the potato. Half an hour later the kitchen smelled heavenly. Richie had finally woken up by then and wandered in, “what are you two cookin’ up out here today?” He asked as he kissed and hugged both of us. He looked down at Hath as he hugged her, “what is that?” He felt the gun at her back and was surprised to find her packing.

Jon and Sam walked through the front door right about then and as Richie passed thru heading upstairs he warned Jon, “be nice to her, bitch is packing.” Jon looked confused “Jeeves!” Hath rolled her eyes at me and went to talk to Jon.

I followed her out and headed back to the living room. I stood by the doorway as Jon, Sam and Hath filed in, finding seats around the room. I wished I had my camera handy. Jon and Sam were snugged next to each other at one end of the couch, Hath and David were trying to sit in the same chair together, Richie had come back and he was sitting with Lucy on the love seat. And Ang and Matt were sitting on the floor chatting. To say it was surreal was an understatement.

I walked back into the kitchen and stirred the soups. My stomach was starting to rumble for all the good smells in the room. I was starting to feel restless, like I needed to do something, get some fresh air or something. I walked back to the living room and caught Matt’s eye. With a slight nod of my head he excused himself from Ang and headed over to me. “What’s up?” I dragged him over to the door, come out for some air with me?” We grabbed our coats and headed outside, six pairs of eyes following our every move.

It was wicked cold out, but the sun was shining so we braved sitting on the step and just chatted for a few minutes. I stood to stretch and, feeling decidedly devilish , grabbed some snow as I went. Matt stood, sensing what was coming and as I let the snowball fly the front door opened, Matt ducked and David ended up with a chest full of snow! “Fuck Queenie! What the hell was that for?” I started laughing, “I’m sorry, that wasn’t meant for you!” By that time Matt had moved behind me and when I turned to find out where he went I ended up with a chest full of snow. I picked up some more snow and threw it back at him. By this time David had grabbed his coat and gotten into the fray and the others came out to find out what was going on. Before we knew it we had a full-on snowball war going on.

~ Hath

When David yelled "Fuck Queenie!" I jumped up from the chair, the others not far behind. We saw what was going on, and all grabbed assorted coats, hats, mittens, scarves, boots -- basically enough gear to warm up a peewee football team.

David just nailed Steph in the ass, and she jumped, surprised. I took one to the leg and saw it was Matt who had thrown it. I scooped up a handful of snow, but before I could hurl it, I took one to the back of the head. "Lucy!" I shouted, then started to throw. We were all laughing and shouting and cursing and little Gypsy just stood there in the window barking at us. I managed to pelt Jon a few times (which was VERY satisfying) and was smirkng at him when David took me down. Literally. Ang had nailed him in the side of the face, and he lost his balance and fell into me.

He managed not to squish me, but we were in an awful position. We started getting really pelted, and scrambled to get up. I ended up taking out Ang, and David grabbed Richie's leg and upended him. Sam got me in the back of the head and when I turned to swear at her I just stopped and started laughing. She was all covered in snow. All of us were. We looked like a bunch of kids. I haven't had this much fun in years.

A few minutes longer, and I started to go inside. "Jeeves!" Jon shouted.

"What!" I shouted back. I knew what was coming, and turned and ducked at the same time. "I'm going to go check on lunch."

I turned to the door, and got one last one in the back of the head.

I put all my wet stuff in the bathroom, and went into the kitchen. The others were still tossing snow around, and I grabbed Ang's baby and shot some photos through the window. They all came in, and we made quick work of the soups. The grilled cheese was a hit, and we made cocoa and coffee. All too soon, the guys had to get ready for sound check again. We were going to the show, but not sound check. Well, everyone but me was not going to sound check.

As the guys got ready to leave, Jon said, "Coming, Jeeves?"

I sighed. "Yeah, boss. Let's go." Never thought I'd think this: I don't want to go to a Bon Jovi sound check. I want to stay with my friends. Sigh.

No comments: