Queenie's Home Now

~Queenie

So, here it is, Saturday night and Matt and I are back at my house. He’s stretched out on the couch flipping through the channels, trying to find something to watch and here I sit trying to get my thoughts down. I can’t believe the week is over. We just left this morning and I miss everyone already. I keep expecting to hear “Queenie” called out at some point. We all said our goodbyes last night and again this morning and there were tears aplenty when we girls had to part ways. I’m still digging for tissues. I can’t seem to stop.

Lucy and Richie headed back to Chicago with Ang. Not really sure why Richie did, but I guess he didn’t want to be away from Lucy any more than he had to be. I hope he asks her to marry him. They are so good together.

Ang isn’t heading home yet. She has decided she wants to travel some and is heading to the Grand Canyon. Her photography has become more than just a hobby and she wants to see some of the country before heading back across the pond. There was talk of a visit in June. I hope we can work it out.

Hath is joining David in Philly and heading home on Monday. They are moving in together maybe sooner than later. I think they were talking about a May wedding, so there is another trip in my future. I’m going to have to get a bigger wine jug to save my pennies for all these trips. I don’t care though, these people have become my extended family. I love them and I would do anything for any of them.

I don’t know if Jon and Sam will get a honeymoon right away. The guys have shows in Philly this weekend but I am sure Jon will see to it that they have some time to themselves.

As for Matt and I, well, I think we are going to start planning our own wedding now. I know now that I want it small and intimate. I hope everyone can make it back for it. I am going to miss my friends. I know, there are babies and at least one wedding coming up, but going back to my life is going to be a bit of an adjustment. I got used to having the girls around and I am going to miss them something terrible. Chatting on line just isn’t the same. It’s going to have to do, but it’s not the same.

I checked the forum, but it has been quiet while we were away. I fear it will stay that way until football season gets underway again.

Oh, Matt found the Philly Soul game on TV. Look at that, it all comes back to football and a bet. Who knew? I think I’m going to go watch the game. Maybe I’ll catch a glimpse of the newlyweds in the owner’s box. Then again, maybe I won’t and that will be okay too.

No comments: