Going to the Chapel...

~ Lucy

I had set the alarm clock on my cell phone to wake me up at 7:00. More then likely I’d wake up on my own before that, but I wasn’t going to take a chance that this would be the morning my brain decided to sleep in, it was way to important of a day to wake up late.

Fortunately, my brain didn’t let me down, 6:45, I woke up all bright eyed and bushy tailed. I turned off the alarm on my cell so it didn’t wake Richie. He was beat, he was asleep before his head hit the pillow the night before.

I slipped out of the bedroom and put on a pot of coffee, I’d have to make another one before I left for Richie because these hotel coffee pots were basically only good for one cup. It was too early for me to eat so I just sat and watch the morning news while I drank my coffee. About 7:30 I jumped in the shower. Hath and I were going to the airport to pick up Cori and Nathan and I had to meet Hath in about a half hour give or take.

As I let the water run over me, I couldn’t help but wonder if Jon and Sam were awake yet, if he had told her about his plans for today, how she reacted. They really were a perfect couple, and the plans Hath had made for the wedding, there was no doubt it was going to be a beautiful day, better make sure I remembered to bring my waterproof mascara, there would definitely be tears shed today.

A little after 8:00 I was dressed and ready to go. I called Ang and Steph to see what they had planned and told them I would call them when we got back with Cori and Nathan, Sam would know by then, that today was the day she became Mrs. Bongiovi.

I crept back into the bedroom to give Richie a kiss good bye, yeah I know he was sleeping but I just couldn’t ever leave him without giving him a kiss and telling him I loved him. He woke long enough to ask me where I was going, I reminded him that Hath and I were going to pick up Nathan and Cori then he sort of laughed and started singing (actually it was more of a mumble) “Going to the chapel and they’re gonna get married”

David answered giving me a hug and asking where Richie was.

“Still sleeping. Poor baby is tired.” I laughed, then just as I asked if Hath was ready, she walked out of the bedroom, I was glad to see she had taken the same dress down approach as I did. I figured we were going to be dressed to the nines a little later so might as well be comfortable now.

Hath was in full on wedding planner mode. She asked where the other girls were as we walked towards the elevators. “Ma’am they will receive a phone call upon our return, and will meet us in the aforementioned location in the lobby ma’am” I couldn’t help myself she sounded like a drill sergeant.

Fortunately she’s a good sport and knew I was only kidding, we were cracking up the rest of the way to the elevators.

Apparently she must have ordered breakfast for Jon and Sam, because room service was just getting off the service elevator as we passed. Hath checked that everything was as she ordered it and tipped the waiter.

We joked a little bit about how dependant she had gotten on taking care of everything. I told her some where along the line I figured Slutzilla killed our beloved GSA.

We made great time getting to the airport and had the cabbie drop us off so we could go meet Nathan and Cori. Hath had made signs for us to hold one said “Brother of the bride” and the other said “Maid of honor” I grabbed the Maid of Honor sign and went to meet Cori’s plane. Cori must have pushed her way off the plane because she was the first one to come through the door.
She saw the sign and sort of half laughed and half cried.

“I just can’t believe Sam is getting married” She said as she hugged me

“Cori honey…believe me…I’m having a hard time believing most of what’s happened over the last year. How are you? We‘ve missed you.” I said hugging her back.

I caught her up to date on all the wedding plans and all that was new with all of us as we walked to find Hath and Nathan.

On the way back to the hotel, Hath got a call from Jon. Cori was a bit confused as to why Hath was calling Jon boss, so we had to explain about the bet and all that Jon had put her through while everyone was in Chicago.

When Sam answered the door it was obvious that this was a surprise to her also, I don’t think she knew who to hug first.

When she hugged Cori she told her that there was so much for us to do today. Jon kept saying she didn’t believe him when he told her all she had to do was pick out a dress.

God how can men be so dense?

Hath had to explain to him there was also hair and make up to get done also. That’s when he disappeared back into the bedroom. He walked back out carrying a box for Sam, it was her wedding gift. When she opened it there were at least a dozen diamond studded hair pins, they were absolutely beautiful.

Sam looked at her watch then looked at us “ we’ve got to get going.”

I called Ang and Steph and told them we were ready to leave for dress shopping, Steph told me they were already in the lobby waiting for us.

The bridal shop was gorgeous, I felt like a celebrity the way they treated us. Serving us champagne and treating Sam as though she was the first lady herself.

Sam looked at what seemed to be hundreds of dresses, the stress was beginning to show. We did our best to help by pulling dresses out for her to look at, unfortunately I think we probably just made things worse, so we stepped back and let the future Mrs Bongiovi make her choices.

We helped her narrow it down to two dresses. Cori helped her change, as the rest of us sat waiting to see how they looked on her.

She wasn’t really happy with the first one, it showed off her baby bump to much, so she went to try on the second one. When she walked out, I knew immediately that was the dress for her, she looked beautiful in it. It fit her perfect, and the empire waist only gave a hint of a baby bump. There was a trail of roses that flowed down onto the train as well that really made the dress look breath taking.

I’m not really sure why, but Hath shot the shop owner a look that took all the color out of the woman’s face. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’d be pissing myself if I ever got a look like that.

“That’s the one” I said. Steph and Ang agreeing. The shop owner said she would box it up”

Sam and Cori went back into the changing room to get her out of the dress and back into her street clothes.

Ang, Steph and I finished our champagne as Hath had a discussion with the shop owner, she must have been trying to wheel and deal with her, because I heard the shop owner say she would include the headdress and veil in the cost of the gown.

Steph had gotten up and wandered over to the dresses looking through them. She had her own wedding to plan. Walking over to her I just smiled.

“Looking for ideas for your wedding dress Queenie.”

“Am I that obvious?” she laughed.

“So what if you are, hell I’d be looking too if I was engaged.”

“Speaking off…when’s that boyfriend of yours gonna get off his ass and propose to you?”

“I don’t know…I’m not worried about it, I think he’s a little gun shy with all that’s happened over the last couple years…if it’s meant to be it will happen.”

I hoped I sounded convincing, but truth be told…I was envious of all of them. Hath, Sam, Queenie, I know I shouldn’t be…but I just couldn’t help it. Don’t get me wrong, I was more happy for them then I was envious, but none the less, I was still envious.

No comments: