Queenie has Arrived

~ Queenie

I grabbed Matt’s hand and as we deplaned and headed toward the gate. I started trying to look around and over people to see if I can see anyone, only slightly dragging Matt behind me. “Slow down babe, they’ll be there.” I tugged on his hand, “I know, I know, but I can’t help it, I’m excited.” As I said that I heard “QUEENIE!” With a laugh I took off, giving Matt no choice but to follow.

I stopped when I saw who was waiting with them and Matt ran right into me, nearly knocking me to the floor. “What’d you stop for?” I turned and talked low “are you ready for this?” Matt looked a little confused, “ready for what?” I rolled my eyes at him, “three guys standing off to the left, do you see them?” Matt glanced over, “yeah, why?” I smiled and kissed his cheek, he can be so oblivious sometimes. “That’s Jon, Tico and Hugh. Are you ready?” He swallowed and took a deep breath “let’s go.” I dragged him the rest of the way and let go of his hand as I was pulled into hugs and kisses with Hath, Lucy and Sam.

When the girls let me up for air I looked over at Matt, “come here honey, meet my friends.” He came over and, remembering Hath from back in November, held out his hand, “Hi Hath, it’s nice to see you again.” She ignored his hand and kissed him on the cheek. She turned to the girl on her left, “This is Lucy.” Again Matt stuck out his hand and again it was ignored, she kissed him on both cheeks. When he got to Sam, he didn't bother holding out his hand, he just accepted the kiss on the cheek. As he was saying his hello’s I looked over at the guys.

I was more than a little nervous myself after the conversation Jon, Hath and I had had one night in PMs on the board. He asked us what it was about him that made him so attractive to the female population because, well to use his words, "my wrinkles have wrinkles. I just don't see it". Well, Hath and I answered him as best we could and then decided that this weekend, we were going to hide in the closet the entire time. I was so wishing the floor would just open up and swallow me, but since that wasn’t going to happen, I sucked up my courage, pasted a smile on my face and went to say hello. “Hi Jon, how are you?” He took my hand and kissed my cheek. “I’m good Steph. It’s nice to see you again.” I looked around and Tico and Hugh were waiting for their turn to say hi. I stepped toward them, hugging Tico first, "hola Tico, como esta?" He smiled, remembering that I had spoken in Spanish to him the last time we had met. "Hola chica, estoy bien, e tu?" I looked over at Matt and then back at Tico, "Muy bien Tico, muy bien." I gave Hugh a hug and turned back to Jon.

Jon looked past me and gave Matt the once over, damn another tall one. Looking back at me he took my left hand to inspect the ring, “Congratulations by the way. Now, do I get to meet this guy of yours?” I motioned Matt over and looked around to make sure no one was paying attention, “this is Jon.” Matt stuck out his hand, hoping this time it was going to be shook and he wasn’t going to get kissed. “I’m Matt, it’s nice to meet you.” Jon took his hand, “it’s nice to meet you too.” I laced my fingers with Matt’s free hand, and turned to Tico and Hugh, "guys, this is my Matt." They said their hellos and I tugged on his hand, “come on, let’s go find our bags.” Jon rolled his eyes and looked at Matt, “how many did she bring?” He laughed “Two, plus her carry on. I told her she didn’t need to bring 7 pairs of shoes, but she didn’t listen.” I stuck my tongue out at them and decided to let Matt find his way with these guys and caught up to Lucy, Hath and Sam.

Ang is in the Country

“Where’s Ang?” I asked Hath and Luce. Luce looked around, “Dave and Richie were waiting to meet her. We’ll go find them after we get your bags.” I looked at the girls, “are you sure that was a good idea? Leaving the two of them to meet Ang I mean? You know how those two have been lately.” Hath and Luce both laughed “we know, that’s why we left them to it.”

Now, if ya’ll have been following along on the forum, you know that for weeks now Richie and David have been going at each other over who is going to kiss Ang first. Richie was razzing Dave about how he kissed his other fan first (that would be Hath) and how he should get to kiss this one too. Dave wasn’t about to let him get first crack at Ang, and was giving it back about him stealing one of the ‘Richie’ girls away. I swear you’d think they were 10 years old or something the way they had been going at each other.

After Matt and I got our bags we headed over to where the international flights came in. We stood far enough way so the guys wouldn’t notice us right off, but close enough to see Ang (we knew it was her by the Patriots cap she was sporting) grab Richie and Dave’s asses and see them jump about a mile and a half off the floor. Didn’t they realize it was her? Come on, she said she was a tall redhead, don’t they know what that looks like? Jeesh, even Matt elbowed me and pointed her out.

Lucy had noticed Ang coming up behind them and after the ass grab she moved in between the two of them as they stood there dumbfounded and watching as Lucy gave Ang a smack right on the lips. The looks on Dave’s and Richie’s faces at that, total ‘holy shit I can’t believe they did that right here in front of everyone’ look. We about lost it then, the tears were streaming down my face I was laughing so hard. I thought Hath was gonna wet herself and Matt, well, he didn’t know what to think and he was gripping my hand so hard I thought he was going to break my fingers. That was right about when David grabbed Ang and laid one on her. Caught her totally off guard and her hands were flailing and flapping before finally grabbing onto his shoulders. She was slightly dazed and had no time to recover before Richie got his lips on her. I think it was a good five minutes before she could talk again. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard before.

After recovering ourselves we greeted Ang proper with hugs and kisses of our own, even Matt got one that time, we started toward the doors and the van. That’s when Ang grabbed one of the security guys and asked for a group picture. Well, we all got lined up and the security guard snapped a picture or two when Jon and Sam joined us, with him complaining that he wasn’t ready. Now, we are all lined up, girls in front guys behind us with their arms wrapped around us. Jon and Sam got situated, now it was Ang’s turn. She ended up between Hugh and Tico.

We all piled in the van and I swear this weekend is going to be nothing but smart ass remarks and laughter. Matt, Tico and Hugh were in the back, I sat with Lucy and Sam, Hath, David and Ang were in the middle and Jon and Richie in front. Talk about your clown car. We were chatting away and something got mentioned about sleeping arrangements and Hath blurted out that she was sleeping with Ang. Well, Jon’s head whipped around so fast after that statement that I swear he gave himself whiplash and I thought Richie was going to crash the van. Ang said that we were all too easy to fool. Matt looked at me like we were all nuts. I leaned in close and whispered, “Relax, it’s only going to get more outrageous from here. Take a deep breath and just go with it. This is going to be one hell of a week baby.”

No comments: