Picking up the Harem

~ Lucy

As I make my way into the parking garage at O’Hare, I say a silent prayer that I find a parking space. It’s normally impossible to find a parking space, especially during the day, but I’m hoping since its morning, that maybe I’ll have some luck. I had to rent a van in order to pick everyone up and I’m not really used to driving, much less parking a vehicle this big, so that’s my next prayer, that I don’t take out someone’s side mirror’s or damage the van any.

After driving around a few levels in the parking garage, I see someone pulling out of a parking space. I’m confident the van will fit in the space no problem, and it’s a straight shot into the spot. After breathing a sigh of relief, I jump out of the van and head into the airport. Richie has made arrangements for me to get a special boarding pass so that I can meet them all at their gate. There’s no way in hell I am going to miss Ang’s arrival, but I gave Richie a description of Ang, just incase I couldn’t find a parking spot.

I get into the airport and go to the security desk to get my visitors pass then head towards security. Its so much easier to go through security when you don’t have anything with you.

As I’m getting close to the gate the Richie, Sam and the guys are coming into, I can see the plane pulling up. As long as I’ve known all of them, and as well as I know Richie, its still a little surprising to me, and a bit exciting to see the famous Jovi Air in person, up till now I’ve only seen it in pictures.

I pick up my pace so I can be right at the door when they get off the plane. Although its only been less then a week or so since I’ve seen Richie, I can’t wait to see him. I also can’t wait to see Sam. I haven’t seen any of them with the exception of Richie since we were all in Arkansas.

Richie is the first to come through the door. I’m not surprised he’s got a thing about him being the first one greeted. He’s been giving David hell about how he is going to get the first kiss from Ang…but I’ve got other plans.

Once I properly greet my man, Sam is the next person I look for. There she is looking absolutely adorable with her little baby bump. I can’t help but get a bit teary eyed, we’ve really become pretty close and I didn’t realize how much I’ve missed her till now. Pulling her in for a big hug, not to big though don’t want to hurt the little one, we’re hugging and going on till Jon finally taps me on the shoulder and asks if any of the rest of them are going to get hugs.

Wiping the tears off my cheeks, I greet Jon, David and Tico and Hugh with just as much enthusiasm.

Richie looks at his watch and says that we should head out to meet Hath, Matt and Queenie. Everyone booked their flights so that they all arrived around the same time so that only one trip to the airport would be necessary.

Jon and David head off to meet up with Hath, realizing David could easily get to Ang first, Richie decides to join them.
As I’m sitting with Sam, Tico and Hugh…I see Jon and Hath coming our way. I jump up and give Hath a big hug, I believe a squeal may have even escaped, but hey, these women have become like family to me and its been a long time since I’ve seen them, so a squeal is a totally reasonable reaction.

We all head off to find Queenie and Matt, I ask where David and Richie are, and Hath tells me they sent them to meet up with Ang. Hooking her arm through mine, she laughing saying that they were arguing the whole way about this damn first kiss. Without giving away to much of my plan, I tell her that they are going to be really disappointed when neither one of them are the one that gets the first kiss from her.

We are almost to Queenie and Matt’s gate when I see a familiar face, dragging a not so familiar man behind her. Yep…its our Queenie! Hath and I both call out her name at the same time. She sees us and starts running but then for some reason stops short. Next thing I see is a bit of an “oh crap” look on Matt’s face when he realizes Jon, Tico and Hugh are with us.

After a proper harem greeting, Queenie introduces us to Matt, well everyone except Hath, he had met her back in Jersey. When he offered his hand out for me to shake, I just giggled and pulled him in for a proper harem greeting, plus I’m Italian for Christ sake…we don’t shake hands…we hug and kiss everyone!

Now we are all off to look for Richie, David and Ang. I can see Richie and David studying all the women coming off Ang’s flight, Actually I guess I should say I can see David and Richie studying all the women and still arguing.

Then I see her. She’s got a smile a mile wide on her face as she walks up behind them and gooses both of them. The look on Richie and David’s face was priceless, you’d think they’d be used to getting their asses grabbed by strange women.

As I watch Ang continue to mess with them, and them continuing to be completely oblivious to the fact that this is the woman they have been fighting over all this time, I can’t help but double over laughing. Its time to put my plan in action.

Walking ahead of the others, I push my way through Richie and David, grab Ang, and give he a big kiss right on the lips, then I turn to look at Richie and David… “Told ya I’d get the first kiss.” Again the look on the guys face…priceless.

I gotta hand it to David though, he didn’t waste any time, he stepped right in and planted a big ole smacker on Ang’s lips. She looked like she was going to pass out, but my Richie swooped in to catch her, and plant his big ole kiss on her.

Once Ang could breath again, and since all parties were accounted for, we started to head for the exit, then on to my house. Before we could make it to the doors, Ang grabbed a security guard, talking him into snapping a few Kodak moments of all of us.

Finally we are at the van and I ask Richie to drive home because I have some serious chatting to do with my girls. I know all these people are my friends but I can’t help but worry a little. I pray the whole way home that my sweet little teacup Maltese hasn’t suddenly turned into cujo and destroyed all my hard work. If she has…she’s SO not getting those cheese snacks she loves so much.

No comments: