Out With the Girls...

~Queenie


Our girls night out tonight is Sam’s bachelorette party. She doesn’t know because we can’t tell her as it would ruin Jon’s surprise. But we know it is and we are going to make sure she has a great time tonight.

When we walked into Hennesey’s, I swear every pair of eyes in the place turned in our direction as we handed our coats to the coat-check guy and, putting a little extra wiggle in our walk, we followed the waiter who led us to our table in the middle of the room. As we took our seats and started to peruse the menus, our waiter came over to let us know that the gentlemen at the bar wanted to buy us a round of drinks. I looked over at Hath, “how old are they?” I had my back to the bar and didn’t want to be obvious by turning around and looking. She looked quick, “I’d say mid to late 20’s.” I shook my head, what the hell, tonight is about the fun, right? We let them buy us drinks and we enjoyed our meal.

My chicken marsala was fabulous. The chicken was cooked to perfection and the mushroom and wine sauce was out of this world. Before we finished we had another round of drinks in front of us and the pool table was beckoning from across the room.

We squared up the bill and deserted our table for a smaller bar table near the pool table. Lucy, Sam and I hung back while Ang and Hath took the first round. They were amazing. They guys from the bar that had bought us drinks came over and challenged the girls. I have never seen anyone play like Ang and Hath did. It was unbelievable. They pulled out all the stops and had the guys drooling where they stood. I snapped a bunch of pictures and we are going to have to do a bunch of editing before we can show these to the guys. The way the girls were leaning and bending over, there is way more cleavage on display than the guys would find appropriate.

Ang and Hath took the first two games and then Sam got involved. Now, a few months back she managed to beat the guys on Jon’s table and come to find out, this is totally her game. She nearly gave the boys a heart attack when she leaned over the table and her gloriously pregnant girls were on display. (Jon is so gonna love the pic I got!) She won the third game and, feeling somewhat bad for these men, we offered to split the drinks but they guys wouldn’t have it. They said we had won and they weren’t ones to welch on a bet. We graciously accepted and if I remember right, we hadn’t paid for a drink yet.

As we finished at Hennesey’s we headed back to the coat check and headed out to find our driver. The gambling boat awaits.

In the back of the car we chatted and laughed about the guys who had just been swindled. As we pulled up to the boat we reapplied our lipstick, fluffed our hair and headed inside to, hopefully, win some and not lose much. I’m not much of a gambler, I like the bells and whistles of the slots and I also like me a game of hold ‘em. I hoped I could find a table with a buy in of less than $50.

The drinks were flowing and, on the way to the tables I stopped at a King Tut’s Treasure slot game. It’s a multi-line slot and the payout was fairly good. “Hold up girls, I wanna try this one.” They stopped and walked back to me. I dropped a $20 in the machine, if you’re gonna play, might as well go the max, right? I took a deep breath and, being that it was Sam’s night I looked over at her, you wanna do the honors?” She grinned at me and pulled the handle. Well, the machine started going crazy, bells ringing, whistles blowing.

I looked and the three of the five lines were flashing and the machine started spewing coins. I grabbed a cup and starting filling it. I looked over at the girls and laughed, “Girls, lunch is on me tomorrow!” When the machine finally stopped I took my cup of coins and found a cashier. I decided after that I wasn’t going to push my luck anymore and cashed out. I won $200, well $180 if you count the $20 I put into the machine. I tried to give Sam half of it since she pulled the handle, but she wouldn’t take it. So I decided that I’m gonna buy her something for LK tomorrow.

We headed to the blackjack tables after that and found a table that had a reasonable (read that as $20) in. I’m not a blackjack player so I just watched. Ang and Hath were doing pretty well and Lucy and Sam wandered over to try Roulette. We had drinks brought to us most of the rest of the evening, paid by who we don’t know. All I know is, I had way more to drink than I probably should have and was starting to feel more than a bit silly.

After the girls were done with their games we found Ang chatting up some guys and Hath had to yell to get her attention. We, Lucy, Ang and I stumbled along with Sam and Hath back to the tables. Hath wanted to try her luck at a different game and Lucy and Sam wanted to try the slots. At this point, I was just trying to stay standing. We played around for a bit longer and as the minutes ticked toward 3 we decided it was time to head home. We stumbled our way back to the car and then into Lucy’s house and I fell into my bed, fully clothed. It had been a hell of a night!

No comments: