Queenie is on Her Way

~ Queenie

So, we are at it again. Right now we are on a plane to Chicago to meet up with the rest of the Harem for a reunion of sorts. You remember the Harem, right? Hath, Lucy and I all met on a football forum and then, after Hath won a bet, we met for real back in November in New Jersey at a Bon Jovi show. That is also where we met Sam (Samantha Sinclair, soon to be Bongiovi) for the first time along with Jon, Richie, David, Tico and Hugh. This time though, we have a new friend joining us. We are finally getting to meet our friend from across the pond and by pond I mean the Atlantic Ocean.

Yep, you guessed it; Ang or Ukfootydunce as she is known on the forum, is coming to Chicago to hang with us and Richie and David are already fighting over who gets to kiss her first. I have a feeling no one is going to go unscathed in the kissing department this weekend. Oh, before I forget, WKG (Matt) is with me this time! He gets to meet all my friends too and while we girls are having our night out on Friday, he will be hanging with the guys and yes, I do mean those guys. He’s as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I told him to relax, they are just normal regular guys and I reminded him that he already met David back in November in Jersey. He says he’ll be fine but I don’t know, he’s looking kind of pale at the moment.

So much has happened since November when I first met Hath, Luce, Sam and the guys. There are babies on the way courtesy of Sam and Jon and Hath and David. What’s that, Hath and David? Oh, they hooked up back in November and things have been moving right along for the two of them. They are very happy, but I will let Hath tell you all about it. Matt and I are engaged, and Ang figured out who the guys are, hence her appearance this time around.

I can’t wait to see my friends again. Other than an impromptu visit to Hath in the City a week or so ago, we haven’t seen each other since November. That was a fun trip. Hath and I were chatting on the board and something came up about lunch and I said if I was flying she was buying. She agreed and it just came about that quickly. We had lunch at the Rainbow Room with Sam and then we all went shopping. God I love shopping in NYC. There is no other place like it in the world. I got some fabulous boots too, Jimmy Choos that I just happened to bring with me for our night out tonight. Hath also invited me to stay the night with her and David. His place is fantastic and I am fairly certain that my little house would fit inside it, twice.

But I digress…

This weekend should be interesting to say the least. Another bet was made on the forum; this time between Hath and Jon. Needless to say with the Giants winning the Superbowl, Hath is now Jon’s indentured servant (read that as Slave) for the duration of our Chicago stay. She was so not happy about the outcome, but being the good sport that she is, is willing to take whatever Jon can dish out.

One other thing, Sam doesn’t know it, but our girls night out is actually her bachelorette party. Yep, you guessed it, Jon and Sam are getting married and Jon is planning a surprise wedding for her. So we decided that our night out together would be for her. I have a feeling that Luce, Ang and I are going to be more than a little drunk, after all the two momma’s to be can’t be imbibing so we will have to do it for them.

Okay, well you get the gist of the trip and the flight attendant is giving me the hairy eyeball so I’d better wrap it up now. Luce is supposed to be meeting us at the gate. I hope she didn’t forget. Better yet, maybe she sent Richie and David to meet us, that way Matt can be initiated one guy at a time. Relax honey, you’ll be fine.

No comments: