Finally a day to relax

~ Lucy

Tuesday morning, my four legged furry alarm clock woke me up precisely at 7:15...wow she let me sleep in an extra 15 minutes, I’ll have to make sure to give her an extra treat for that.

It was a bit colder today then the last couple of days, so by the time I got her in and settle, I was wide awake, no one else was though, not even Ang, so I put on a pot of Queenie’s coffee, did I mention that she had given me her recipe…god I love that woman.

I’d take the piece and quite to catch up on the forum. None of us had been on the forum since Friday, and apparently no one else had either because there were no new posts, so I decided to play some games on Pogo.

About a half hour later I heard the shower start up. So I signed off the computer and went to the kitchen to start breakfast. I had yet to cook anyone breakfast since they’d been here. Ang cooked one morning and Hath the other morning, so I figured it was my turn.

Pulling out eggs, bacon, sausage, bread , butter and cheese, I decided I’d make everyone cheese omelets; they had been my specialty when I was younger and made breakfast for the family.

A little while later Ang sauntered into the kitchen as I was just finishing up buttering some bread. I had only made a couple of omelets since I wasn’t sure exactly who or how many peeps were starting to wake up.

“Morning there Ang…would ya like some breakfast.”

“Awwww bless…I’d love some” She answered me as she helped herself to some of the coffee.

“Would you like sausage or bacon?”

“How ‘bout a couple of both”

Have I mentioned how much I envied Ang’s appetite and her ability to stay in great shape? Fixing her a full plate, I could see the drool starting as she headed for the kitchen table. Fixing myself a plate I joined her. We were laughing about the night out with the boys the night before when Steph joined us.

“Ah well good morning SQ. Can I fix you a plate?”

“Morning girls…I’ll get it Luce, you finish your breakfast.” Steph said then joined us at the table.

A little while after that Matt made his appearance. Stephanie greeted him with a kiss and asked him if he wanted her to make him some breakfast. Pushing both of them back into the breakfast area, I told her it was my job to cook breakfast today and her job to just sit and relax like a good little guest.

All the girls had been making themselves at home, which I wanted them too, but not to the point that they were making meals for the others, even if it was their men.

“Alright Martha…I‘m going” Steph said with a smirk on her face. They had picked up on my “Martha-ness” on Friday when I was giving them a tour of the house.

After we had all eaten, We went to sit in the family room to relax and visit some more with each other. I hadn’t really had a lot of time to visit with Matt since they had gotten here, and I suppose I sounded like I was interrogating him, but like I said I hadn’t really had a chance to get to know him so I took this opportunity to learn more about Queenie’s future husband.

Hath showed up a short time later to pick up Ang for their morning at the shooting range. When I saw her there was a very obvious…um…passion mark as my grandmother used to call it on her neck. “Nice bite Hath” I laughed.

After Ang and Hath took off. I went back to see if Richie was awake. Not even close, he was hard at work cutting down redwoods from the sound of it, so I left him to sleep.

When I finished my shower, the Rambette’s and david had returned and Hath and Queenie we’re in the kitchen cooking soup for lunch, apparently the HRH had requested Hath to make him soup and sandwiches for lunch. Queenie made a broccoli and cheese soup and Hath made potato soup. They smelled unbelievable. As Richie headed for the shower he told me not to piss off Hath. What the hell was he talking about. I found out a little later after Jon and Sam had showed up. Jon was talking with Hath and again Richie gave him a warning, except he specifically said… “Be nice to her man…bitch is packin”. Pulling out a gun from under her jacket she handed it to Jon. He seemed pretty impressed.

We all sat down at the dining room table (my kitchen table isn’t big enough to fit the whole lot of us) to eat the lunch Hath and Queenie had prepared. I am really getting used to spending time and eating every meal with this group…it is really going to suck when we all have to head back to our normal lives again.

No comments: