The Harem is Coming! The Harem is Coming!

~ Lucy

I can’t believe in just a few hours the harem will be here! I can’t decide if I’m nervous or excited, a little of both I suppose.

Why am I nervous you ask? Well even though I’ve become close with Hath, Queenie and Sam, they’ve never been to my home. oh and Ang is joining the get together also, I suppose she’s the main reason I’m nervous.

See Ang is another one of the girls from the football forum. Although we’ve never met, we’ve all become just as close to her as we have to each other. When we first started talking about everyone coming here, for the Chicago shows, Ang was still in the dark about exactly “who” the guys were, but we should have known she would have figured it out, it may have taken her awhile, but yep she’s figured out that Zan, Kidd and Joker are really Richie, Jon, and David.

She was a bit miffed at us at first for not letting her in on the secret, even had a few words with Jon over it, but that’s all over and done with. Since she had figured it all out, it was only fitting that she join us here in Chicago. She’s not only a Jovi fan like the rest of us, but she’s our friend as well, and an honorary member of the harem. So a few threatening PM’s later, and her calling me a couple of names, she finally agreed.

So anyway…back to the harem arriving. I’ve been running around here like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make everything look perfect for their stay here. Don’t ask me why, but whenever I’m having out of town guests coming to stay with me, Martha Stewart takes over my body.

Everything has to match, there has to be gorgeous, fresh flower center pieces on the kitchen and dining room tables and there absolutely MUST be cute little hand towels for my guests to dry their hands off in the bathrooms. I’ve also put together a towel set together for each of them to use when showering.

So now I’m just nervously walking around the house making sure everything looks perfect. Why do I torture myself like this? These are my friends, they aren’t going to care if I have fresh flowers or plastic flowers or any flowers at all for that matter. They aren’t going to care if I have a basket of hand towels for them or a roll of paper towels, They’re my friends, and none of that is going to make a difference to them. But…it will to me.

I also had to make sure all the guest rooms were up to par because since we're having a girls night out/bacholorette party tonight they girls will all be staying at my house and the guys will stay at the hotel downtown. after that it'll just be Queenie, WKG and Ang staying at with me...oh and of course Richie will be here too.

Queenie sent a care package of coffee and when I first started all the preparations I thought I was going to have to go through all of it just to stay awake long enough to get everything done, and because as we’ve said in the past, Dunkin donuts doesn’t have shit on Queenie’s coffee. So I’ve gotten out my big electric percolator coffee pot and have it all set up so that once everyone is here all I’ll have to do is plug it in and within 10 - 15 minutes, we’ll all be enjoying Queenie’s famous coffee.

Now I’m not worried about space, because I know there is plenty of space for everyone, that is as long as a couple of them don’t mind sleeping on an air mattress.

So anyway, the carpets have been cleaned, new linens have been put on the beds, air mattress has been taken out, blown up and cleaned off and As I make my final inspections of everything, I’m finally feeling confident that everything is perfect.

The only thing I have to do now is wait. Wait till Richie and my friends start arriving at O’Hare. They'll all be arriving around the same time. Richie, Jon, Sam and the rest of the guys will be coming in on Jovi air. Then the others will trinkle in from there. So I'll be spending a good amount of time at O'Hare and normally I would dread it, but knowing that the time will be spent picking up some of the most important people in my life…makes it all worth while.

No comments: