Thank you for Flying Jovi Air

~Lucy

It’s Thursday morning about 6AM, today is the day we will be flying to DC. The guys have a show tonight then tomorrow…the wedding. I’m so excited for Sam. It’s been so hard keeping this a secret, but Jon would have killed anyone that leaked his plans to Sam, with his bare hands, so we all managed to keep from spilling our guts.

I try to go back to sleep but I’m just to excited,so I quietly crawl out of bed so I don’t wake Richie, I’ll get him up in a couple hours, we are both all packed so all he’ll have to do is shower and dress.

As I walk into the kitchen, I put a pot of Queenie’s coffee on, let Gypsy out then head over to my computer to see if anything is going on. No surprise to see there isn’t, anyone I’d be looking for or talking to is either here in my house or downtown at the hotel.

When the coffee is done I grab my Richie coffee mug out of the cabinet and start to pour myself a cup. That’s when Queenie and Matt wander into the kitchen.

“Morning you two…can I get ya some coffee.”

Queenie shakes he head yes as she yawns and gets one last stretch in, and Matt just sort of mumbles, I’m not really sure what he said, but I assume it’s a yes so I grab a couple more mugs out and pour them coffee into them, handing one to each of them and following them into the family room. After a few sips both are now able to form a sentence.

“Damn my coffee is good isn’t it” Queenie says laughing a bit

“Careful there Queenie, you wouldn’t want to break your arm patting yourself on the back like that” I laugh

Matt tells us how he woke up during the night and found Ang standing outside taking pics of the snow. She must have snapped a few hundred pics already and she still has the wedding to shoot, hope her hand doesn’t give out on her before the big day, Jon would have her head if it does.

Queenie and Matt head back to their room to finish getting their stuff packed and to get ready to leave for the airport. Their room has its own bathroom and its far enough away from the common bathroom that even if they are showering, it won’t effect the shower in the main bathroom, which is good because its about time that both Richie and Ang got a move on.

I stop by Ang’s room on my way to wake up Richie to see if she is awake. She’s not only awake but showered too. I guess she must have jumped in the shower when Queenie, Matt and I were having coffee and trying to wake up.

I make it a point to tell her that I would be making everyone breakfast as soon as I woke Richie up, and if I come down and find any one of them with a cooking utensil in their hand or smell any food cooking before I get down there, there would be hell to pay. Why can they not understand that they are guests in my house, they aren’t suppose to be waiting on me, I’m suppose to be waiting on them.

As I creep quietly into my room, I look at Richie one last time before I wake him. He looks so adorable laying there sleeping. Crawling in bed next to him I say his name rubbing my hand on his chest. He mumbles that he’s up, but in the same breath he starts snoring again, so I shake him just a bit to make sure he wakes up completely this time.

Opening his eyes he glances at the clock on my dresser. “Damn…it feels like I just went to sleep”

“Seems to be the theme around here today…Queenie and Matt could barely talk before they got some coffee in them. I’m going to make some breakfast for everyone, do you want me to bring you up a cup of coffee?”

“No darlin’ I’ll get it when I come down”

Since I’m confident he won’t fall back asleep, I head downstairs and pull out the ingredients I need for breakfast, think I’m just gonna do some scrambled eggs and bagels today. We don’t have a lot of time before we need to leave to meet the others at O’Hare.

No comments: