Playing it by Ear

~ Lucy

So today is a free day for everyone. The guys have finished the shows here and we don’t leave for Washington till tomorrow, so that leaves today for everyone to play it by ear. We haven’t really talked about what or if we wanted to do anything. Personally, I’d like to just chill at home today. I have some things I want to catch up on and we’ve been so busy since everyone got here, I just don’t have the energy to do anything.

I sleep in as late as my body will let me…which is only till about 8:30, I’ve actually pushed it to 8:30, my body wanted to get up at 8:00 but I managed to ignore it till now.

Slipping on my purple fuzzy slippers I make my way downstairs to find Ang and Queenie already awake and having coffee. Pouring myself a cup I join them at the kitchen table. None of us can believe how fast this week is going, that in a few days we’ll all have to go back to our real lives. I’m really going to miss having them around. But I have a lot to do once everyone is gone.

Richie wants me to move out to LA as soon as possible, which means I have to find a realtor. Then get a professional cleaning crew in here to really put a shine on the place, actually maybe that’s what Richie and I can do today, go look for a realtor…I’d like to have him involved with all of this anyway.

As the girls and I sit and talk, Ang asks who’s turn is it to cook breakfast. I suggest its no ones turn, that we all go out for breakfast. The girls seem to think it’s a good idea so Queenie and I go to wake Matt and Richie so they can join us.

I could barely get two words out of Richie, so I decide to leave him sleep and I’ll make him something when he returns to the land of the living. Grabbing some jeans and a sweatshirt I get dressed and head back downstairs.

Apparently Matt wasn’t ready for breakfast either, so like me, Queenie decided to just let him sleep. We all climb into my new baby and I take them to my favorite place to have breakfast. Colonial Café.

All of a sudden I realize I’m starving so I order the three egg breakfast with a bagel instead of toast. Queenie and Ang look at me with surprise. I don’t know if ya’ll know it, but I’ve been going to weigh watchers for a while now, been doing pretty good, not cheating or anything…well not much anyway, so I guess seeing me order so much food shocked them. “Hey…I’ve been good all week…I weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost 2 more lbs, so I deserve a little treat.”

“Absolutely you deserve a treat!” Ang says

“Besides…you’ve got plenty of time to work it off before your next weigh in anyway…so I say go for it girlfriend” Queenie says as she slaps me on the arm for emphasis.

We finish our breakfast, Queenie orders a breakfast to go for Matt I consider doing the same for Richie, but he can be kind of a picky eater so I change my mind.

When we get back home, Matt and surprisingly Richie are both awake. Queenie puts Matt’s breakfast on a plate for him. Richie tells me he’s not awake enough yet to eat so I join him on the sofa and bring up the subject of him and I finding a realtor today, he’s all for it, he says he’ll call his realtor in California to see if they have any connections here that they can refer us to.

Ang wanders off to do her own thing with her computer Richie sticks his head in to try to see what she’s doing but she’s to quick for him. She asks me where she can buy picture frames around here. I tell her, and then I ask her if she wants me to take her there. She seems to be off in her own little world. That is until the four of us bring her out of it.

Not really sure what happened but at one point she was poking Richie in the chest going on about how she didn’t need a man or GPS to get around. The store isn’t that far from here and honestly a person in a coma could find there way there and back so I give her the directions again and hand her my keys…giving her a warning that if she puts even a small mark on my new baby, not to bother coming back because I’d strangle her.

She knows I’m just kidding…well sort of kidding anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.