Shopping the magnificent mile

~ Lucy

I woke Saturday morning feeling like something had died in my mouth. I hadn’t drank that much in a long time, and I was definitely feeling the effects. I was so not ready to get up, but Gypsy was right up in my face licking me and wagging her tail, that was her way of saying “mom I’ve put this off as long as I can…I HAVE TO PEE!” When I crawled out of bed, that’s when I felt the pounding in my head. I fully understood the line got a bottle of vodka still lodged in my head from Bed of Roses.

I threw on a baseball cap because there was no way I could handle brushing my hair right now. Throwing on a hoodie, I opened the door to let Gypsy out and of course this was the morning she wanted to investigate everything, then act stupid like she didn’t know how to get back on to the porch…god I hate it when she acts like a princess.

After feeding her, I started a pot of Queenie’s coffee. Hath was up and not looking happy. The look on her face told me to keep my mouth shut, obviously Jon was already at it. Little by little Sam and Queenie drifted out, Queenie look in as bad a shape as me. I poured her a cup of coffee and handed it to her as she made her way into the kitchen, she didn’t say anything, but the look on her face was as if I had just handed her a cup of gold.

A short time later, Ang walked through the front door. Is she frigging kidding me? She did not seriously already go jogging? Hath had made some breakfast and started dishing it out, but Queenie and I just shook our heads no, we have yet to actually speak. Ang just laughed at us, and I flipped her off, even if she wasn’t hurting the way Queenie and I were…she could have at least faked that she was hurting, or at the very least… not laughed at us.

Hath was almost ready to head downtown to start her day of slavery with Jon, reminding us that she was taking our clothes with her. Crap! I had forgotten all about that and hadn’t pack my stuff up yet. Groaning I made my way back to my bedroom to pack my stuff up and dropped it in the front hall.

Eventually Queenie and I had gotten over our hangover enough that we could get ready to head downtown for our day of lunch and shopping. We had to pick Matt up at the hotel before going. Since Hath had the Taurus, that gave me a chance to show off my new baby to the rest of the girls. God I loved that car. But there was no way I was driving it around downtown, besides the fact driving downtown freaked me out, I didn’t want to have to pay the outrageous parking costs. We could take a cab to the magnificent mile and then just walk around there.

What’s the magnificent mile you ask? Well that is the place to shop in Chicago. That’s where all the high end stores are like Marshall fields…oops sorry its Macy’s now, Water Tower place Mall, another good place to shop, Neiman marcus, Von Mar, Nordstroms…we will definitely beable to shop till we drop. There’s also a ton of great places to eat, and Sam had been bugging me since she got here that she wanted to have authentic Chicago style pizza. Downtown Chicago is the place to get the best Chicago style pizza around.

Poor Matt deserves a medal putting up with all us woman. It’s bad enough having one woman ask you if her butt looks big in the clothes she’s trying on, but 3...that’s going above and beyond if you ask me.

After a long day of shopping we dropped all out purchases off at the hotel, then headed for the arena to watch the sound check. This would be the first time I actually saw them do sound check. I was really excited about that. Granted I may be Richie Sambora’s girlfriend…but I am still a diehard Jovi fan and this was a diehard fan’s dream.

Jon was taking full advantage of his HRH duties, running Hath all over the place, only to find out from Tony that everything she was doing wasn’t necessary…that’s when we heard the first bit of release from Hath as the arena was filled with a roaring “FUCK ME!” We couldn’t help but laugh, I was proud of Hath I know she wanted to strangle Jon but she had maintain control and hadn’t yet strung him up by his balls, although it might be wise for him not to push her too much, a person can only take so much, I would have cussed him out a long time ago.

After the sound check it was back to the hotel to relax a little bit before dinner and then the show. Although Richie and I had had sometime together Friday afternoon, this was really the first time we’d have time alone together…wonder what we should do to pass the time (insert evil grin here).

Dinner was great. I can’t believe Ang can put away the amount of food she’d had, or maybe I should say I envy how much food she could put away and still keep in fantastic shape…I just look at a piece of cake and gain 20 lbs.

It was finally time to head for the arena. Although we had been backstage before, back in Jersey, we had never arrived with the band. It was pretty cool driving in the SUV’s , then right into the garage of the arena.

Obie handed us our backstage passes and at least for part of the show we would be in the fan pit. But the majority of it we would be by the stairs under the stage that the guys walked up to get onto the stage and then also in the front row so we could all get a good look at our men.

Hath had a killer outfit on specifically for her tech duties. None of the guys had seen it before the show started, but she had told us about it. When she came out to take Jon’s guitar from him, I though David was going to dive off his stage to cover her up, I wasn’t exactly pleased with Richie’s reaction either, lucky for him I trust him.

We sang and danced the night away. Just like always though, the show ended too soon. Now it was off to the after party…Ang was gonna love that experience, maybe not as much as I enjoyed my after party experience…but none the less…she would have some great memories.

No comments: