A day of sightseeing for the Harem

~Lucy

I woke Sunday morning to my cell phone ringing. From the ring tone, I knew it was Ang. Sleepily I grabbed my phone and mumble a hello.

“Holy Hannah Luce…you’re picking up Richie’s sleeping habits.”

“What? What time is it?”

“It’s damn near 11:30...aren’t we going sightseeing today…Chicago is a big city Luce we’re gonna need plenty of time.”

“Shit! I’m getting out of bed right now I’ll be ready in a half hour. Can you call the others, we’ll meet you all in the lobby.”

I start to jump out of bed but Richie pulled me back down.

“Where’s the fire darlin” he said with a smile on his face that I am all to familiar with.

“Sorry Richie baby…jolly giant’s going to have fend for himself this morning…I didn’t mean to sleep this late , we’re taking the girls sightseeing.” I tell him as I wiggle my way out of his hold on me.

“Come back here…you have plenty of time to go sightseeing!”

“No Richie…I promised them we’d spend the day sightseeing, plus I have to run home…aren’t you guys coming with us? You don’t have to be at the arena till later on this afternoon…United Center is only about 10 mins from here.”

“Yea…we’re going…wanna share a shower?”

“Nice try…get your ass out of bed and make some coffee.”

As I jumped in the shower, I could hear him walk off muttering something… poor baby, actually this is probably the first time I’ve denied him sex…Oh come on! Since the tour started I’ve only seen him a couple times…denying him sex would just be punishing myself.

I decided to take the casual look for our sightseeing. We were going to be doing a lot of walking, so I opted for my sneakers instead of the heels I stupidly worn for our day of shopping…what was I thinking?

Exactly a half hour later Richie and I stepped out of the elevator and was greeted by a round of applause from the others. Apparently we were the last ones to get downstairs.

The guys were only going to join us for a little while, we would drop them off at the arena when we were heading back to my house. I have my neighbor checking in on Gypsy but I got a call from her, there’s a problem with her mother and she has to go take care of that. So I have to run home to let her out and what not.

After we took a bit of razzing from everyone, we headed out. First I showed them Grant Park and Buckingham fountain…which is kindof pointless since its February and they have the fountain turned off. As we were riding in one of the SUV’s towards Navy Pier…I heard a shriek from one of the back seats, It was Sam.

“What’s wrong?” I asked concerned

“Nothing…that’s Lake Shore Drive!” She said excitedly as she aimed her camera at the street sign.

Once we got to Navy pier, Sam asked where was a good place to take pics of the skyline and the lake. I told her the top of the parking deck would be the best place so the driver slowly made his way to the top and we all piled out taking turns taking pic’s with the skyline behind us. Sam even asked at one point if someone would make a fuss if she climbed up on the wall to get a better picture of the lake.

“I’ll make a fuss” Jon said quickly grabbing her arm. “It’s a huge lake Sam…you don’t need to climb on a wall to get every inch of it.”

“But that thing is in my way” she wiggled out of Jon’s grasp and stood next to the wall and leaned out a bit. Jon didn’t stop her because she hadn’t actually climbed it, and she wasn’t in any danger of falling.

After Navy Pier I directed the driver to take us to Soldier field…how could I not show them were my beloved bears play…plus I was kinda hoping for some odd reason that Russ Grossman would be there so I could direct the driver to floor it in his direction. With my luck it’d be the first time in his career that he managed to NOT get sacked.

Along the way to Soldier field I pointed out the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, and Museum of Science and Industry. Unfortunately we didn’t have time to go into any of those places…you need an entire day for that.

I had to chuckle at how excited Sam got over things that in my opinion…weren’t anything to get excited about. Like when we were getting on the Kennedy expressway…again I heard a shriek from the back followed by “Oh my god! We’re going to be on the Kennedy!” I cry whenever I have to take the Kennedy, I’m pretty sure ACDC wrote Highway to Hell after the Kennedy expressway. I’m not even gonna go into the “L” train conversation, I’ll let Sam tell ya that one.

Once we made it back to my house, my intentions we’re to just let gypsy out, make sure she had enough food and water, and put some puppy pads down. It was only for the night, but seeing the way she bounce and jumped when I came in, and her squeely excited bark, then those puppy dog eyes when she realized I was leaving again, there was no way I could leave her behind, so I grabbed her carrier and Gypsy joined the Harem.

The show was as great as the night before, they played a couple of songs even I hadn’t ever heard them do live. Of course there was an after party but not having gone to bed till 3 or 4 the last two nights, I was fading fast and I needed to be awake to cook the lasagna for tomorrow nights dinner. So after being at the party a short time, Richie asked me if I wanted to leave. I told him I didn’t mind if he stayed, but he insisted he was going back to the hotel with me.

No comments: